Kota Lukut is a historic fort situated 4km north of Port Dickson, perched on top a scenic hill at a small town. Built in 1847 by Bugis warrior Raja Jumaat, the fort was his personal stronghold as he watched over the tin trade in the area. Today, almost nothing remains of the structure and its surroundings, except for a few ruined walls and foundation stones.
The fortress grounds have been transformed into a recreational park area, with gazebos and watch towers spread across a small field. A museum at the foothill is the real tourist attraction, exhibiting historical and cultural artifacts from the mining era of Lukut. Open daily from 9am to 5pm, entry is free.